What’s coming up in Agile Toolkit 4.1?
Sneak peak into 4.1 which is scheduled to be released this summer.
- New Theme. Your web application will look even sexier by default. We will also keep current “jui” theme. Both themes are using jQuery UI CSS framework and 960 grid system, but will also allow full-width applications.
- Possibly improved template parser. I’ve run couple of tests on real-life application. Agile Toolkit is quite fast. The component with takes most of the time is SMlite (our template parser). By rewriting it more efficiently we might be able to improve raw performance of applications. There are still few bugs to iron out. (If you are really good with regular expressions, please contact me, I could use some help!)
- Testing for the rest of us. Honestly, I think other testing suites for PHP suck. So we’ll have our own. Writing test scripts will be as easy as adding 5-line function. You will see a visual console right away which will automatically capture output, will save testing results into database with revisions and additional information, will allow to convert unit tests into speed-tests and memory consumption tests. It will also have some other nifty features.
- PDO support (although we will primarily support only MySQL)
- Model to SQL convertor.
- New add-on: Sexy password checker based on crack-lib. To add: $field->add(‘StrengthChecker’,null,’after_field’);
- New add-on: Infinite-add form
- New add-on: AJAX CRUD
- Filestore_Image: Support for image uploads, automates resize, crop and other management.
- SEO goodies: Simpler way to customize meta-tags
As you probably know, Agile Toolkit is free to use if you are using it in Open-Source project. We plan to also offer it for free for personal, education and non-profit projects. We are also will be giving away commercial licenses to early adopters. If you are already using Agile Toolkit, get in touch with us for a free license.
As our launch draws closer, we will deploy community forum and other resources. Stay tuned by following or subscribing!